Dear Wildcat Families,
As we plan for a beginning like no other we have seen in the past, our focus will still be to ensure that:
· every child, every day is connected,
· every child, every day is being challenged by new learnings and experiences,
· and every child, every day knows they have a champion they can turn to.
Our amazing Wildcat staff has been working tirelessly to prepare to welcome back our 618 Wildcats for 180 days of awesome! Our fall may not be “normal,” but our learning will not only continue, but our Wildcats will thrive.
ACE is truly a special place. As we begin our launch of our new school year, we ask that you continue to stay involved by bringing positivity, energy and creativity to our school as we continue to strengthen our programs. Our stakeholders are our greatest strength and greatest resource. Together, we can drive ACE and our mission even further. To those of you who are new to ACE, the entire school welcomes you to a very special community. Our school is a place where children come to learn and a place they feel special.
Altamont Creek Elementary wants to push the boundaries of TK - 5th Grade education by harnessing the power of S.T.E.A.M. to advance learning and teaching. Your Wildcats will be expected to engage in reading, writing, discussing, critical thinking, problem solving and hands-on learning. The vast majority of learning occurs in the classroom with the teacher and classmates. Students will collaborate, communicate, think, experiment, and reflect throughout each day. Our commitment to hands-on, tactile, kinesthetic future based learning develops students’ critical thinking, problem solving, motivation, communication and cooperation.
Wildcat Points of Pride:
- CA Kindness Certified School
- CA Green Ribbon School (Gold)
- CA Gold Ribbon School
- CA Positive Behavior Intervention and Support Coalition School (Bronze)
- Outdoor Learning Lab: Our garden is a Certified Wildlife Habitat by the National Wildlife Federation. We are also certified by the Bay Friendly Landscaping and Gardening Coalition. Our garden is organic and helps our students learn about nutrition and food systems. Our garden features a bird viewing area, a compost area, and an area for students to read, write, sketch and measure.
- Project Lead the Way: Our science curriculum taps into the students’ exploratory nature, engage them in learning that feels like play, and encourage them to keep discovering – now and for years to come. PLTW pathways in computer science, robotics and engineering engage students in hands-on activities, projects, and problems; empower them to solve real-world challenges; and inspire them to reimagine how they see themselves. Highly skilled Science Specialists with our science lab and TOPS Scientist partners.
- Computer Science Instruction
- Maker Space
- Weekly Lunchtime Student Dance Parties
- Positive Behavior Intervention & Support: PBIS is a process which focuses on improving our school's ability to teach and support positive behavior for all students.
- Kid Connection, Lunch Bunch & Social Thinking: We have 3 programs that provide students the opportunity to learn and practice positive social skills.
- Commitment to Fine & Performing Arts:
- Character Counts/ Soul Shoppe
- Google Classroom/Digital Student Portfolios/Blended Learning
- Running Club: Over 150 students participate 3X week before school.
- Student Valet: 4th and 5th graders are trained to help with morning drop off.
- Before and After School Program: ESS
- Family School Partnership: We believe a strong parent staff partnership is critical to our success. We have a very active volunteer base and our PTA is incredible! We host several family events each year such as, Back to School Picnic, Trick O Door, Harvest Gala, Winter Wonderland, Bingo Night, Movie Nights, Family Reading Nights, Family Science Nights, Kite Night, Wind Festival, the Hoe Down and so much more!
- GATE, Intervention, Student Council, Field Trips, Clubs, Drama, Science Odyssey and MORE!
We will create, celebrate and innovate because our children deserve the very best.
There are no limits on learning at Altamont Creek Elementary.