Hello music students and families,
A new school year is upon us. I hope you had an enjoyable summer and are ready to begin the new school year. Our numbers in music look great this year. The number for Advanced Orchestra and the Advance Band are excellent. The Intermediate Orchestra and the Intermediate Band are bigger than last year, but we always have room for more. Tell a friend.
All music students:
- you will NOT need your instrument the first day of school
- you WILL need your organizer and a pen or a pencil (every day for the pencil)
- there will be no “0” period PE the first day of school (Monday)
- your assigned “0” period PE schedule starts the 2ndday of school (Tuesday)
- ALL “0” period PE students will go to PE on Friday for picture day
Intermediate Band & Intermediate Orchestra students: Do not get an instrument yet (unless you have been studying privately on that instrument). We will explore all the different instruments at the beginning of the year. After we tryout the different instruments, I will give you information on what to get, where to go, and when to get them. We have ideal numbers in band & orchestra, though we always have room for a couple more (tell a friend) - WAY COOL!
Advanced Band & Advanced Orchestra students:
- - now would be a good time to get your instrument
- - also, get it out and check that it works!
- - be prepared to bring your instrument the 2nd day of school. Get reeds, grease, oil, strings, rosin, shoulder rests, etc., now!
Before School Music Room Access: The room will NOT be open the first day of school. Starting on Tuesday, 8/20/19, the music room will open in the morning for instrument drop-off and rehearsing from 7:15 - 8:15 am.
Looking forward to this year,