Four critical areas of Math 6/7A include:
* Connecting ratio and rate to whole number multiplication and division and using concepts of ratio and rate to solve problems.
* Analyze proportional relationships and use them to solve real-world and mathematical problems.
* Completing understanding of division of fractions and extending the notion of numbers to the system of rational numbers.
* This includes operations with positive and negative integers and rational numbers.
* Writing, interpreting, and using expressions and equations.
* Solve real-life and mathematical problems using numerical and algebraic expressions and equations.
* Developing understanding of statistical thinking.