Livermore Framework for Success
- Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) is an comprehensive framework that aligns academic, behavioral, and social emotional learning to meet the needs of all students in the Livermore Valley Unified School District using an integrated problem solving model.
- Under the umbrella of the MTSS framework, the three components that address students’ needs are Academics, Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports (PBIS), and Social Emotional Learning (SEL).
- Students’ academic needs are addressed using the California core curriculum, school-wide universal screening tools, and a tiered system of interventions to access the needs of every student.
- PBIS (Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports) is our proactive approach to improving student discipline that includes preventative and responsive approaches implemented with all students that increases with intensity to support small groups of students or individual students.
- SEL (Social Emotional Learning) is a universal classroom-based curriculum that teaches specific abilities for learning empathy, managing emotions, and solving problems. Our district has chosen the Choose Love program as its SEL curriculum that will be implemented in all schools.