Automation and Robotics
STEM 2 students will learn about mechanical systems, energy transfer, machine automation, and computer control systems. Students use the VEX Robotics® platform to design, build, and program real-world objects such as traffic lights, toll booths, and robotic arms and many many more.
STEM 2 students are challenged and empowered to use the design process to design and model multiple projects.
- Google Suite of Education tools- Classroom, Doc, Slides, Spreadsheet, Sites, Forms
- Computer Aided Drawing tools- Autodesk 123/ Tinkercad and Silhouette
- VEX Robotics
*The list is by no means an exhaustive list
Having a positive attitude in class and helping one another is key to success in STEM. Please be mindful of the following:
1. Small talks are fine as long as you are continually working and problem solving. However, if your engagement in small talks exceeds your engagement in classwork, it will be a problem. Also avoid being negative, and participate with a positive attitude.
2. There are a MILLION ways to build anything based on a set of criteria and within the limits of the constraints. In the real world we have to solve problems with limited resources. You get to practice being conservation, creative, patient and persistent ( I do too!) Please do not disagree and argue about rubrics / materials after build is graded.
3. Nobody's time is more important than the others. Please clean up when asked and remember that you and your classmates are sharing the classroom with approximately (30 X 6 - 30) students. I have to prepare the learning environment for other students so everyone gets the same learning experience.
Engineering Journal & Presentations ~50%
How Will I Be Graded?
All work will be graded based on the rubric. Insist on a rubric if it's not posted. Refer to rubric often throughout the assignment.
Your assignments will be graded on a three-point scale:
3 points: Meeting (met all requirements/criteria or build works) ~90- 100%
2 points: Approaching (met most requirements or build somewhat works) ~80-90%
1 point: Emerging (met half or less of the requirements build does not quite work) ~70%