Sunset Elementary School Library
SUNSET LIBRARY PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:
- Our Sunset Library inventory of materials supports California State Standards and school curriculum.
- New materials are chosen based on student need, interest and reading ability.
- Library materials are kept current through purchases made via a donation account, Scholastic Book Fair revenue, and lost/damaged book accounts.
- Students visit our library with their teachers on a weekly basis: books are read aloud, information retrieval/assessment and technology lessons presented, and book check out is offered to all grades.
- Books shared/read and library lessons increase in complexity as grade level increases.