Welcome to AP Statistics!
- Teacher: Mrs. Nicole Avilla
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Room: 206
- Phone: (925) 606-4800 ext. 3609
- Website: https://sites.google.com/lvjusd.org/mrsavillasghsapstatisticsclass/home
- Twitter: @GHSMrsAvilla
- Remind Account: Text the message @32b4hgto 81010 to get text updates & reminders!
Course Description: We will study the role of statistics, the data analysis process, methods of collecting data, graphical and numerical methods for describing data, summarizing bivariate data, probability distributions, sampling distributions, variability, confidence intervals, goodness-of-fit tests, simple linear regression, correlation, multiple regression, and hypothesis testing.
Course Philosophy: AP Statistics is an advanced mathematics course. A strong emphasis will be placed on critical thinking skills and problem solving. Students will prepare for taking the AP Exam in May. Students will be asked to form hypotheses, collect and analyze data, explain methods, interpret results and communicate effectively by showing methods on homework and testing, not just state answers.