Welcome to Algebra 2!
- Teacher: Mrs. Nicole Avilla
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room: 206
- Phone: (925) 606-4800 ext. 3609
- Website: Google Classroom codes
- PERIOD 2 Google classroom code: 15c2s0e
- PERIOD 3 Google classroom code: 5g4y31s
- Twitter: @GHSMrsAvilla
- Remind Account: Text the message @ea4b4kb to 81010 to get text updates & reminders!
Course Objectives/Standards: Algebra II is a college-preparatory mathematics course. In this course, students will explore algebraic solutions to problems in various content areas, including systems of polynomial equations, logarithmic and exponential functions, the binomial theorem, the complex number system, and trigonometric functions.
Students will be learning the course content through specified learning objectives (or standards) that are correlated to the Algebra II Common Core Standards and assessed by a method entitled Standards-Based Grading (SBG). The goal of this system is to focus on the learning, not the letter grade. Students will keep a record of the scores they earn on these learning objectives so that they know what they still need to work on.
Standards Based Grading: The Algebra II course at GHS follows a Standard Based Grading system. We feel this system allows students the opportunity to apply a growth mindset and encourages improvement of understanding the curriculum throughout the course. The following scale is how students will be scored on assessments.