Our District follows the protocols and guidance provided by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). The Alameda County Public Health Department has the ability to provide stricter guidance than the State, at which time we would defer to our County guidance. Currently, both our State and County are aligned in their recommended actions for COVID-19.
In an effort to minimize the spread of COVID-19 within our school communities, please follow the CDPH guidance outlined below.
Positive Case Protocols
Current CDPH guidance states that everyone, regardless of vaccination status, previous infection, or lack of symptoms should follow the recommended actions listed below if they test positive for COVID-19:
- Stay home for at least 5 days after the start of symptoms (Day 0) or after date of first positive test if no symptoms.
- Isolation can end after Day 5 if:
- Symptoms are not present, or are mild and improving; AND
- fever has been resolved for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication).
- If fever is present, isolation should be continued until 24 hours after fever resolves.
- Wear a well-fitting mask around others for a total of 10 days.
- Exposure to COVID-19 does not require quarantine. However, testing on Day 3 - 5 is recommended.
- It is recommended to wear a well-fitting mask around others for a total of 10 days after exposure.
- If symptoms develop, students should stay home and test to rule out a positive case.
- Current guidance does not include emailed exposure notifications. Please monitor your child for symptoms and follow the protocols listed above accordingly.
- Our district will continue to provide no-cost COVID tests until our supply is exhausted. Test kits are available at your school site upon request.