Welcome to Maintenance, Operations & Facilities
Our Maintenance, Operations & Facilities Department is responsible for ensuring that our students and staff have safe, welcoming facilities in which to learn and teach. The department includes expert staff members who provide ongoing maintenance of all of our buildings and grounds.
The department also welcomes community interaction and provides the opportunity for community groups to rent our facilities for their use.
Core Values for Facilities Planning
The Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District, following consultation with its Governing Board and administration, to conduct facilities planning in accordance with the following:
- To promote efficient and focused facilities planning meetings that adhere to our guiding principles; and
- To be transparent and inform the District's community about our Core Values and desired outcomes.
The District will use the following Core Values throughout facilities planning to evaluate the substance of its own recommendations as well as those from any District stakeholders.
- To ensure all of our students are prepared to contribute and thrive in a changing world, we will provide facilities that are safe, well-maintained, comfortable, stimulating, and designed to support instructional activities and the learning process.
- To meet diverse approaches of teaching and learning, we will create spaces that are flexible, and also available to the community for routine as well as extraordinary circumstances.
- To promote equity by providing campuses that are a continuing source of pride in our community, we will ensure the appearance, form and function of our facilities reflect student needs rather than the neighborhood environment.
- To inspire and engage students, we will provide teachers with the facilities and tools necessary to deliver 21st century instruction, and furnish all learning spaces with necessary equipment.
- To meet legal and.fiscal responsibilities, we will maintain transparency and ensure all construction projects are professionally.planned, effectively communicated, and efficiently completed, in keeping with legal compliance guidelines.