Board of Education
Mission, Goals & Vision
Each student will graduate with the skills needed to contribute and thrive in a changing world.
Non-negotiable are expectations regarding student achievement and classroom instruction to which all staff members adhere in order for our students, schools, and District to reach achievement targets.
- All staff will expect and support active student engagement in the learning process.
- Everyone will respect and protect instructional time.
- All teachers will base instruction on essential standards.
- All staff will use results from assessments to guide instruction and measure student learning.
- All staff will actively participate in collaboration focused on student achievement.
Our vision reflects our core values and guides our work in living our mission, honoring our non-negotiables and attaining our goals.
- use data to make informed decisions
- support our shared mission and non-negotiables
- collaborate on a consistent basis
- develop supportive and encouraging relationships with students
- model and demonstrate kindness and empathy toward others
- understand and strive to meet our district goals
Our Leadership Team:
- supports and reinforces non-negotiables
- establishes clear and measurable objectives and uses data to make decisions that improve student learning
- focuses staff on the actions and strategies to achieve objectives and allocates resources to support implementation
- continues to learn and model learning for staff
- is consistently visible at sites and in the community
- effectively communicates and collaborates with staff, students, parents, and community members
- demonstrate social responsibility
- embrace an academic culture of critical thinking, problem solving, and creativity
- seek challenges and manifest resilience
- make healthy choices and are physically active
- display and emulate positive character traits
- strive to meet high academic standards and behavioral expectations
- is informed and actively involved in supporting student learning
- advocates for all students and celebrates their successes
- identifies and cultivates business and organizational partnerships that enhance opportunities for our students
- values high expectations and hold students accountable for meeting those expectations
Our District-Wide Climate and Learning Environment:
- are welcoming and stimulating for all learners and visitors
- ensure that facilities are safe, well maintained and organized for learning
- reflect and celebrate student work and achievement
- promote a culture in which all student differences are valued and students feel safe to express themselves
- nurture curiosity and innovation
- are founded on a clear, strong communication system
- is rigorous and standards-based
- connects skills and knowledge to real world situations
- enables innovative learning methods and integrates use of supportive technologies
- is designed to encourage students to use inquiry and team-based approaches to solve problems
- fosters the development of higher order thinking skills through project-based learning
- is broad and balanced, encourages creativity and inspires a commitment to learning
Our Equity Commitment:
- is clearly evident in the beliefs, actions, and interactions of our staff
- is apparent in our decision-making and allocation of resources
- acknowledges the innate prejudices in the educational system and society and works to overcome inequities
- ensures all students, regardless of their background, demographics or school of attendance, have equal opportunities, experiences and outcomes
- provides and promotes a positive school culture which values each student's strengths and differences