February 26, 2020
Coronavirus Update 2.26.20
Dear LVJUSD Families,
As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring student and staff safety, we are writing to update you on our communications with the Alameda County Public Health Department, the California Department of Public Health and the California Department of Education to ensure our district has the most current information regarding coronavirus (COVID-19).
As of February 26, 2020, no cases of coronavirus have been reported in Alameda County. Our schools remain safe places for staff, students and community members.
While the health risk to the general public in California from novel coronavirus remains low, our schools continue to take common sense precautions to prevent the spread of all infectious diseases. As long as we do not have a case of coronavirus in Alameda County, the Public Health Department asks us all to continue following everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of flu and other respiratory viruses:
- Teach your children to wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Modeling this action as an adult reinforces its importance. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For additional information, please see detailed information in this link for guidance from the California Department of Public Health’s webpage on Novel Coronavirus (covid-19).
Information specific to Alameda County can be found at the Alameda County Public Health Department’s webpage on Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and keep you informed of any changes. We encourage you to follow Livermore Schools on Facebook and download our free district app (Livermore Schools) as we will post updated information on multiple platforms.
Especially in times of uncertainty such as this, we are particularly grateful for our community. Thank you for your cooperation and support.
Director of Community Engagement