August 2020 LVJUSD & LEA Negotiations Update
Our District and LEA bargaining teams have been working together over the summer to create a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that will serve as a guide for the successful reopening of schools as we begin with distance learning. The teams have come to an agreement that includes the following:
- Safety protocols, including self-screening before working on campus, wearing a mask while on campus, and maintaining physical distancing;
- Ability to work on campus during distance learning, but option to work remotely;
- Guidelines for providing remote instruction;
- Open House re-imagined;
- Additional paid Flex Professional Development day for Schoology and distance learning training;
- Daily prep no less than average of 75 minutes per day;
- Meetings, including parent conferences will be virtual;
- Evaluations not completed last year will need to be finished by the end of the first trimester; and
- Evaluations for this year shall take place with the understanding that we are all learning to navigate this new system.
An agreement cannot be created and managed without a great deal of work from the members on each of the bargaining teams. A big thanks goes to the members of each of the teams, all of whom have put in numerous hours to ensure that negotiation sessions are efficient, cooperative, and productive.
LEA and LVJUSD Bargaining teams