Important Information for College Applications
*Please note that GHS is on a SEMESTER school on a TRIMESTER calendar. This means that for most classes, you only receive two grades and you will need to list GHS as a SEMESTER school on your applications. Click here for more information and the exceptions.
Need help organizing your college applications? Click here to make a copy of the GHS College Application Checklist.
University of California
- Applications available: August 1
- Application submission: November 1
- Application deadline: November 30
All personal insight questions are equal. All submissions are given equal consideration in the application review process, which means there is no advantage or disadvantage to choosing certain questions over others. There is no right or wrong way to answer these questions. It’s about getting to know your personality, background, interests and achievements in your own unique voice.
California State University
- Application available: October 1
- Application submission: October 1
- Application deadline: November 30, December 15 or later (varies by college - please check with each college you are applying to)
California Community Colleges (CCC)
- Las Positas College Applications available on October 1
- Application submission begins on October 1
- Application deadline: August
*Please note that dates vary by each CCC
The Common Application
The Common Application is an undergraduate college admission application that applicants may use to apply to any of more than 800 member colleges and universities.
For more information about the Common Application and to see which schools use it, please visit https://www.commonapp.org/
The Coalition is a consortium of diverse public and private colleges and universities that has come together to improve the college admission application process for all students.
For more information about the Coalition Application and to see which schools use it, please visit http://www.coalitionforcollegeaccess.org/