Scholarships & Financial Aid


    To apply for federal student aid, such as federal grants, work-study, and loans, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Completing and submitting the FAFSA is free. It gives you access to the largest source of financial aid to pay for college or career school. In addition, many states and colleges use your FAFSA information to determine your eligibility for state and school aid. Get started now by visiting

  • California Dream Act 

    The California Dream Act allows undocumented and nonresident students (U.S. Citizens and eligible non-citizens) who qualify for a non-resident exemption under Assembly Bill 540 (AB 540) to receive certain types of financial aid such as: private scholarships funded through public universities, state administered financial aid, university grants, community college fee waivers, and Cal Grants. In addition, the California Dream Act, allows eligible students to pay in-state tuition at any public college in California. Get started now by visiting

  • What is the difference between the FAFSA and the California Dream Act application?

    Students should only complete one of the applications (not both), according to the citizenship requirements below:

    1. You are eligible to complete the FAFSA at if you are a:
    - U.S Citizen
    - Permanent Resident
    - Eligible non-citizen
    - T Visa holder

    2. You are eligible to complete the CADAA at if you are:
    - Undocumented
    - Have a valid or expired DACA
    - U Visa holders
    - Have Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
    - Meet the non-resident exemption requirements under AB 540 

  • Cal Grants

    The Cal Grant is a California-specific financial aid allocation that does not need to be paid back. Cal Grant applicants must apply for the FAFSA or CADAA by the deadline and meet all eligibility, financial, and minimum GPA requirements of either program. Grants are for students attending University of California, California State University or California Community College, or qualifying independent and career colleges or technical schools in California. Students who attend college outside of the state of California, will not be eligible for a Cal Grant.

    There are three kinds of Cal Grants — A, B and C — but you don’t have to figure out which one to apply for. Your eligibility will be based on your FAFSA or CADAA responses, your verified Cal Grant GPA, the type of California colleges you list on your FAFSA and whether you’re a recent high school graduate. 

    Please note that LVJUSD submits the Cal Grant GPAs for all seniors to the California Student Aid Commission. Students do not need to submit a GPA verification form. Your Cal Grant GPA is not your cumulative GPA that you see on your transcript. Click here to learn more about how a Cal Grant GPA is calculated.

    Are you wondering if your Cal Grant GPA has been received by the Commission? After you have filed a FAFSA or CADAA, you can go on-line and check the status of your Cal Grant application by logging on to WebGrants for Students and creating an account.

    For more information about Cal Grants, please visit

  • Upcoming Financial Aid Events

    The California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) is hosting a variety of virtual, Cash for College workshops that are free and open to anyone. For more information about upcoming workshops, please visit

  • Understanding & Comparing Financial Aid Offers

    For more information & resources to help you understand your financial aid offers, please click here.

    Compare your financial aid offers with this free tool, please click here.

  • Pedrozzi Foundation Scholarships

    The Pedrozzi Foundation provides college and vocational scholarships and resources to Livermore students. Scholarship applications are available from January - March , each year. For more information about Pedrozzi and to apply for the Pedrozzi scholarships, please click here