Direct Deposit & Tax Withholding
To set up direct deposit:
- Complete and sign a Direct Deposit Authorization Form
- Provide a voided check or a banking document that includes your name, routing number and account number
- Return the above documents to the district office in person or via mail as an original signature is needed for authorization. Photo copies or faxed copies cannot be accepted.
- Forms received by the 10th of the month will result in direct deposit being activated that month.
- If your account information has changed, please submit new forms.
Forms received in Payroll by the 10th of the month will go into effect for that month’s payroll. Forms received after that date cannot be guaranteed to go into effect that month.
W-4 Federal Tax Withholding Form
Use this form to change your federal tax withholding amount. Please note there are significant changes to this form for 2020. To complete, please follow the directions on the form. There is also an estimator tool available on the IRS website.
DE-4 State Tax Withholding Form
Use this form to change your California tax withholding amount. To complete this form, please follow the directions on the form. For further assistance see "Adjust your wage withholding" on the Franchise Tax Board website. You can change your Federal and/or California tax withholding as often as necessary by submitting new W4/DE-4 form(s).